We are looking for a systems builder, "Integrator" and doer to help manifest our business plan.
Do you have a passion for health & well-being and a burning desire to help people and change our world for the better? (We are a B Corporation after all). Do you love creatively solving problems and building systems that support a fast, flexible, high growth entrepreneurial environment? Do you thrive under pressure and leading teams? Are you a doer, leader and Integrator? Are you comfortable with risk? If so read on.
The Integrator is responsible for the day to day management and operations of our small rapidly growing business. Primary areas include: customer service, order management, HR, office administration, financial management, ecommerce/website development management and inventory production and supply chain management. We are committed to running this business using the highly successful EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System). You will be in charge of implementing and managing this system.
You will need the skills to manage the growth of our resources - people, product, profit, passion. Ideally you are a "numbers" person too and need to be both a strong manager and doer. You must have attitude and aptitude to adapt, improvise and overcome.
We have the vision, product development and marketing chops to make big things happen. This position has huge growth potential for the right person. We are looking for a rock star.
Education: Minimum of a BA or BS degree, MBA preferred
Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years operations and/or business management experience. Ideally you've been an Integrator in your last position.
- Experience managing operations of small, rapidly growing company.
- Experience managing an ecommerce and/or CGP business.
- B2C ecommerce preferred.
- Experience managing and inspiring people
- Self motivated / managed and driven for continuous improvement
- Strong creative problem solving and analytical abilities
- High Emotional Intelligence and has “done the work”
- Thrives in or ability to adapt to a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Manage customer service department and help establish an environment of passionate product champions with deep product knowledge in order to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- Help establish and implement processes and systems that will generate higher productivity, efficiency and revenues.
- Help hire and manage customer service personnel.
Fulfillment & Inventory
- Management of our fulfillment/distribution partner (located in Chicago) to ensure fast order processing, accurate inventory control, cost-efficient shipping direct to customers, etc.
- Inventory management / replenishment.
- Manage payment processing (e.g. monitor merchant accounts).
- Primary point of contact for vendors and suppliers.
- Monitor and analyze inventory and fulfillment partner to help maximize profit margins with our vendors.
- Monitor daily orders & fulfillment.
- Work with web designer and developer(s) to add features and functionality to the front end of the website.
- Work with web development team to implement backend systems to increase efficiencies and enhance reporting.
- Create monthly KPIs on website performance.
- Work with bookkeeper to update Quickbooks with Shopify data and create standard financial reports.
- Prepare monthly KPIs around financial performance related to sales, marketing, etc
- Working with other team members to prepare, implement and deliver against cash flow projections and business plans.
- Review and manage insurance, legal and accounting vendors, reports and policies.
- Work with Marketing to develop Marketing budget, pricing, and margins.
- Hire a freelance CFO (if not qualified to play this role).
- Collaborate with the Akamai team to provide vision, direction, policies, and strategy for operations.
- Help streamline business -- continually investigate and implement process improvement measures. Refine and develop fast, flexible processes.
- Help establish systems to facilitate crucial flow of information between customer service and business development / web development (e.g. customer feedback.)
- Recognize problems proactively and solve.
- Continually refine, improve & create efficiencies – embracing the concept of 1% better every day.
- Help implement operational goals(KPIs), metrics and benchmarks for business (e.g. customer service, fulfillment) and manage areas to meet/exceed.
- Lead staffing/hiring process, development of benefits and employee policies.
- Basic office management (e.g. purchase office supplies).
The ideal candidate:
- Strong business manager - an Integrator
- Creative thinker
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to manage multiple levels
- Goal oriented
- Excellent Communicator
We offer a very competitive compensation package based on experience including a base salary and strong incentive/bonus program with upside potential.
We have an entrepreneurial work environment with a lot of autonomy. While a casual environment, work is fast paced and outstanding results are expected. We are an ethics and social mission driven organization and have a workplace with open communications.
If you know the perfect person for this position, please forward this posting to them!